Dear Merrimack Families,
First and foremost, we hope that you all are staying safe and healthy, and faring well as we continue to manage the COVID-19 pandemic.
We write to update you, to the extent possible, on the upcoming summer with regard to pool operations.
- We have begun pre-season draining, cleaning, and maintenance of the pools.
- Given the current state of governmental orders and recommendations, as well as our operational considerations, we remain unable to determine if or when we will be able to open for the season. While our current opening date of May 23, 2020 looks increasingly unlikely, we will provide a further update prior thereto.
- Please note that if we are able to open during Summer 2020, we may be unable to operate as “normal” and may need to implement operational limitations.
- With regard to the swim team season, following last week’s Montgomery County Swim League meeting, we can advise that the MCSL has cancelled certain events, including Divisionals and All-Stars. You can find more details on the MCSL website. The remainder of the MCSL swim season remains undetermined, with further guidance to be provided at the next meeting in late May. We will provide updates thereafter.
- While we cannot yet state when the pool will open, we are pleased to report that a brand-new Sport Court has been installed on the upper grassy area, above the bathhouse. The Sport Court – with its basketball hoop – will provide a terrific new source of fun and recreation at Merrimack.
We ask that members bear with us as we continue to further assess the pool opening. As we all are aware, legally permissible activities and societal conditions remain changeable. Operational considerations further bear on our ability to open on what may be a modified basis. Please know that the pool Board is mindful of both the safety and welfare of our members, and the desire to enjoy the pool this summer. The Board is continuing to closely monitor government orders and public health guidelines and is exploring different potential Summer scenarios with regard to registration, operation, and dues.
Thank you for your patience. Please continue to practice safe and responsible behavior, and we wish everyone good health and good cheer.
The Merrimack Pool Board
• Given the uncertainty around this pandemic and its trajectory, we are deferring Summer 2020 registration at this time.
• In the event that we are unable to open for the season, we anticipate the assessment of a small maintenance fee per family to cover the fixed costs of keeping the pool and facility in good condition through the summer and balance of the year.
• Everyone on the waitlist as of March 20 will be invited to register for the season at such time as registration opens.