Dear Merrimack Families,
Welcome to August! Here is our weekly update, with a change to our use of lap lanes/swim zones.
- Reservations for Sunday, August 2 – Saturday, August 8 will open tomorrow, August 1, at approximately 10:00pm. Please remember that the reservation system may open a few minutes past 10:00pm. If you see the “password” prompt, it means we are readying the system to open, and the system will be open momentarily thereafter.
- CHANGE TO USE OF LAP LANES/SWIM ZONES: As advised in our email sent earlier this week, a complaint to the County resulted in an inspector prohibiting the sharing of lap lanes as demarcated open swim zones, so now lap lanes may be used by only one person, at all times. The process for reserving a lap lane remains the same, as only one person could be listed as the reservation holder for a lap lane, but now no additional family members (booked for Open Swim) may join in use of the lane/zone.
- Weekly reminder that the reservation limit is 3 slots per week per individual. Please DO NOT BOOK a family member for more than 3 slots on the thinking that there is a family number of uses and one member can use another member’s allotted uses. 3 IS THE WEEKLY MAXIMUM PER USER. We will cancel reservations that exceed this limit.
- Weekly reminder also to please cancel a reservation that you are unable to keep, in advance of the reservation time. Cancellation increases availability to others, and preserves your option to book an alternate time. Let’s all try our best to be good pool citizens.
- We also again remind everyone that USE OF FACE MASKS WHEN ARRIVING AT OR DEPARTING FROM THE POOL OR WALKING ON THE POOL DECK IS MANDATORY, AS IS SOCIAL DISTANCING ON THE POOL DECK FROM OTHER FAMILIES.
As you may be aware, per Order of Governor Hogan, as of 5:00pm, July 31, all Marylanders over age 5 are required to wear face coverings in the public spaces of all businesses, and in outdoor public areas whenever it is not possible to maintain physical distancing.
While this new order does not change the way we have been operating or require anything new from pool users, it reinforces the seriousness of the face mask requirement and emphasizes its effectiveness. If you are unwilling to wear a face mask as required, you will either not be permitted to enter the pool or will be asked to leave.
- We hope that all pool members and staff remain healthy and virus-free. If that changes, we do ask you to please let us know as soon as you learn you or a family member become COVID-19 positive, or experience what you believe are COVID-19 symptoms. There is no shame and we will not share your identity, but ask that you advise us so that we may take any remedial actions that may be appropriate. You may contact MerrimackPool@gmail.com or if you prefer, email David Seltzer directly.
- In keeping with the reminder above, please do not move deck chairs. They are spaced for social distancing and provide both single and cluster arrangements.
And here are the revised Swim Options At-a-Glance:
We encourage you to read or re-read the instructions on the Make a Reservation page and to review these helpful links.
- 2020 Season Important Information & FAQs Read these safety guidelines and new procedures before coming to the pool. You must have a reservation to visit the pool.
- Merrimack Pool 2020 Pledge & Waiver By using the pool you agree to these terms.
- How to Make a Reservation & Reservation Calendar Please read the instructions! The information is all there, you just need to read the instructions (worth saying again!).
- View your Reservation & Cancel a Reservation Be a good pool citizen and do cancel reservations if your plans change so we can maximize usage.
First update all information for you and your immediate family members living at home (please remove children who have left the nest). Make sure all adults on the account have email and phone numbers listed–this is important if we must contact you about COVID tracing. All account members should have photos uploaded or taken at the pool.
Click on the red unpaid banner to pay for 2020 Season Use OR to choose the $0 Season Waiver to be inactive for the year. Do register immediately so that you may begin to use the pool.